Despite of the current COVID-19 outbreak, Kraamzorg de Eilanden still provides maternity care.
We work according to the updated guidelines of the RIVM, GGD, and the branch organization Bo Geboortezorg. Above that, we also take our own measures to ensure your and our employees safety.
Under normal circumstances, our maternity nurses are already used to working according to the hygienic standards. At this time, with regards to the current situation, our employees are continuously informed about changes in protocol so that they can immediately put the newest standards into practice.
As for the maternity care provided by Kraamzorg de Eilanden at the moment, we have implemented some changes to make sure we can help you and your family in the best and safest way possible.
- The intake meeting at home will now be done via telephone or video calling. If you have already made an appointment for your intake, the date and time will remain the same.
- If you are in need of maternity care and you (or a member of your family) have health issues such as coughing, sneezing, a sore throat or fever, or COVID-19, we ask you to inform us before the maternity nurse arrives at your house.
- If you return home from the hospital during the evening or at night, we will come to your house if it is medically necessary. If this is not the case, we will provide care over the telephone. In this way, we will prevent you from seeing an extra employee.
- At the moment, the level of risk in our entire work area is ‘very serious’. To protect the maternity family, the maternity nurse and to monitor the continuity of care it’s not possible to receive any visitors during the maternity week when the maternity nurse is present in the house. Even if the maternity nurse is away, we ask you to not receive visitors. If you nevertheless receive a visitor when the maternity nurse is away, always observe the measures from the government. It is also important that: vistor keep a distance of 1.5 meters, visitors with health issues do not come to visit, maternity nurses from vulnerable groups are taken into account. We count on your understanding and would like to thank you for your cooperation.
- In case you or any members of your family are infected with COVID-19, we can still provide maternity care. We will follow the guidelines of the GGD, and we will use protective equipment. We will give short care at home, possibly with extra care by video calling.
- The maternity nurse will use protective equipment when she is less than 1.5 meters from you.
- The maternity nurse will keep a distance of 1.5 meters as a precaution. Please keep your distance too.
For more information, check: https://www.pharos.nl/the-coronavirus/