Despite of the current COVID-19 outbreak, Kraamzorg de Eilanden still provides maternity care.
We work according to the updated guidelines of the RIVM, GGD, and the branch organization Bo Geboortezorg. Above that, we also take our own measures to ensure your and our employees safety.
Under normal circumstances, our maternity nurses are already used to working according to the hygienic standards. At this time, with regards to the current situation, our employees are continuously informed about changes in protocol so that they can immediately put the newest standards into practice.
As for the maternity care provided by Kraamzorg de Eilanden at the moment, we have implemented some changes to make sure we can help you and your family in the best and safest way possible.
- The intake meeting takes place at home (or by video calling in case of health issues).
- If you are in need of maternity care and you (or a member of your family) have health issues such as coughing, sneezing, a sore throat or fever, or COVID-19, we ask you to inform us before the maternity nurse arrives at your house.
- If you return home from the hospital during the evening or at night, we will come to your house if it is medically necessary. If this is not the case, we will provide care over the telephone. In this way, we will prevent you from seeing an extra employee.
- Stay careful with visitors. You and your baby can be vulnerable. Consult with your maternity nurse whether you can receive visitors when she is with you. Also make sure that visitors don’t have any health issues..
- In case you or any members of your family are infected with COVID-19, we can still provide maternity care. We will follow the guidelines of the GGD, and we will use protective equipment. We will give short care at home, possibly with extra care by video calling.
- The maternity nurse will use protective equipment when she is less than 1.5 meters from you.
- The maternity nurse will keep a distance of 1.5 meters as a precaution. Please keep your distance too.
For more information, check: https://www.pharos.nl/the-coronavirus/